Students’ registration at EISP is regulated by specific admissions criteria, apt for evaluating the ability and suitability of each student.
- 1) Students are enrolled in a specific year according to their age. The academic year is from the 1st of January to the 31st of December of the school year of reference.
- 2) The admission of a student to an anticipated year group is conditional on the following:
- - the student is within the Nursery/Infant age range
- - the availability of a place
- - he availability of suitable rooms and resources to cater for the needs of younger children learning alongside older ones
- - the pedagogical and didactic evaluation carried out by the teaching staff
- 3) The Italian test will be administered only if the student has a basic level of the language; otherwise the admission will depend on the results of the English, Mathematics and Cognitive Abilities test.
- 4) Previous school progress reports, linguistic, social and emotional development assessed through internal screening tests, along with other pertinent information will be taken into consideration by the school for admission.
- 5) Where there is equal merit in the admission process priority will be given to
- - all international students; students who do not have Italian nationality; students for whom Italian is not their native language; students who have parents with mixed nationalities; students who have lived abroad for at least one year
- - students who already have siblings registered at the school